Sunday, April 9, 2017

Season of Contrast + A New Journal (Week of 4/2/2017)


A new season started over at Get Messy Art Journal and this time it's all about contrast!

People that are familiar with me and my artwork (specifically my illustration work) will know that I'm a big fan of contrast. I like dark things with beautiful things, light with dark, and seeing how these contrasting elements work together to create something that is ultimately more meaningful in the end. Thus, this season was perfect for me!

I'm most happy with the page on the left hand side, which is actually the endpaper for this journal (which I also made).


Here's a close up of some of the details. I knew that I ultimately wanted to create something that was more thought out and "planned", though I still went with the flow as far as what I did next. It was a lot of fun to create something in this manner, and I think I will try something like this again in the future.

Unfortunately, I've been extremely busy lately, so these two pages are all I have for you at this time. I do hope you liked them as much as I did though, and I'll see you all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment